Komite HAM PBB mengeluarkan rekomendasi terhadap pelaksanaan Kovenan Hak Sipil dan Politik di Indonesia pada tahun 2013. Di antara rekomendasi-rekomendasi tersebut, terdapat 4 rekomendasi kunci yang harus dilaksanakan oleh Pemerintah Indonesia satu tahun pasca rekomendasi dikeluarkan. Tidak hanya itu, pemerintah Indonesia diharuskan untuk menyampaikan laporan terhadap pelaksanaan rekomendasi-rekomendasi kunci tersebut, di samping juga masukan yang dapat disampaikan oleh masyarakat sipil (laporan alternatif).
Berikut ini adalah dokumen-dokumen yang terkait dengan empat rekomendasi kunci Komite HAM PBB dan dokumen update pelaksanaan rekomendasi tersebut dalam masa waktu satu tahun:
- Empat rekomendasi-rekomendasi kunci Komite HAM PBB dan jabaran isu yang dicakup; paragraf 8, 10, 12 dan 25 [Klik di sini]
- The State party should, as a matter of urgency, address the impasse between Komnas HAM and the Attorney General. It should expedite the establishment of a court to investigate cases of enforced disappearance committed between 1997 and 1998 as recommended by Komnas HAM and the Indonesian Parliament. Furthermore, the State party should effectively prosecute cases involving past human rights violations, such as the murder of prominent human rights defender Munir Said Thalib on 7 September 2004, and provide adequate redress to victims or members of their families.
- The State party should reinstate the de facto moratorium on the death penalty and should consider abolishing the death penalty by ratifying the Second Optional Protocol to the Covenant. Furthermore, it should ensure that, if the death penalty is maintained, it is only for the most serious crimes. In this regard, the Committee recommends that the State party review its legislation to ensure that crimes involving narcotics are not amenable to the death penalty. In this context, the State party should consider commuting all sentences of death imposed on persons convicted for drug crimes.
- The State party should repeal Ministry of Health Regulation No. 1636 of 2010, which authorizes the performance of FGM by medical practitioners (medicalization of FGM). In this connection, the State party should enact a law that prohibits any form of FGM and ensure that it provides adequate penalties that reflect the gravity of this offence. Furthermore, the State party should make efforts to prevent and eradicate harmful traditional practices, including FGM, by strengthening its awareness-raising and education programmes. In this regard, the national-level team established to develop a common perception on the issue of FGM should ensure that communities where the practice is widespread are targeted in order to bring a change in mind set.
- Notwithstanding the decision of the Constitutional Court upholding Law No. 1 of 1965 on defamation of religion, the Committee is of the view that the said law is inconsistent with the provisions of the Covenant and that it should be repealed forthwith. The Committee reiterates its position as stated in paragraph 48 of general comment No. 34, that: “ Prohibitions of displays of lack of respect for a religion or other belief system, including blasphemy laws, are incompatible with the Covenant, except in the specific circumstances envisaged in article 20, paragraph 2, of the Covenant. … Thus, for instance, it would be impermissible for any such laws to discriminate in favour of or against one or certain religions or belief systems, or their adherents over another, or religious believers over non-believers. Nor would it be permissible for such prohibitions to be used to prevent or punish criticism of religious leaders or commentary on religious doctrine and tenets of faith.” Furthermore, the Committee recommends that the State party provide adequate protection against violence perpetrated against members of religious minorities.
- Surat yang dikirimkan Komite HAM PBB kepada Pemerintah Indonesia agar mengirimkan laporan pelaksanaan rekomendasi [klik di sini]
- Laporan Follow up yang disampaikan oleh Pemerintah Indonesia kepada Komite HAM PBB atas 4 rekomendasi kunci (CCPR/C/IND/CO/1/Add.1) [klik di sini]
- Laporan masyarakat sipil tentang pelaksanaan 4 rekomendasi Komite HAM PBB (dikoordinasikan oleh HRWG dan CCPR Centre) [klik di sini]
- Laporan masyarakat sipil bersama disusun oleh Imparsial, Vivat International dan FI [klik di sini]