On 3 May 2017, Indonesian will be examined for the third time under the United Nations’ Universal Periodic Review (UPR) mechanism. The Indonesian NGO coalition will present its response to the Indonesian government’s report and share its assessment of the human rights situation in Indonesia, including the Papua situation, human rights defenders, past human rights abuses, women rights, the death penalty and freedom of expression.
- Muhammad Hafiz – Acting Executive Director of Human Rights Working Group (HRWG)
- Yuniyanti Chuzaifah – Commissioner of National Commission on Violence Against Women (Komnas Perempuan RI)
- Cahyadi Satria – Protection Desk Indonesia/Protection International
- Fatia Maulidiyanti – The Commission for the Disappeared and Victims of Violence (KontraS)
- Wenislaus Fatubun – the Forum of Commission of Justice Peace and Integrity of Creations of West Papua/Franciscans International
- Nurkhoiron – Chairman of National Commission on Human Rights of Republic of Indonesia (Komnas HAM RI) *)tbc
Moderator: Iniyan Ilango (FORUM-ASIA)